Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about the RECLAiM Online Reovery Program? Check here first. If you have more questions, please feel free to email us your question or call our offices at the Elizabeth Ministry International Headquarters at (920) 766-9380.
How do I begin the RECLAiM Online Recovery Program once I sign up?
The first six modules must be completed in order, beginning with the Introduction which gives an overview of all of the modules and tools found in RECLAiM. We recommend 10-15 minutes per day in this training, which strikes a good balance between continuing to move through the program but also giving yourself a chance to integrate the concepts and exercises into your daily life.
Your personal coach is available via a private message board to answer any questions you may have about the program and to offer encouragement and support. The Student Forum is also available – this essentially is where the community of RECLAiM students comes together, shares ideas and stories and offers encouragement or even accountability (many students say this is a critical component of their recovery process). In the RECLAiM Plus area of the program, new content on faith, science and recovery is being posted on a regular basis. Other tools are provided to enhance your own understanding of why you experience the compulsions/addictions you do.
Sign up today!
How does the RECLAiM Online Recovery Program “fit” within other recovery options?
- who are using it as their first option,
- who have tried other options that didn't work,
- who also belong to 12-step or other recovery groups,
- who see therapists on a regular basis and use RECLAiM as a type of after-care option between office visits, and
- who use RECLAiM in addition to all of the above!
Many RECLAiM students insist the key to recovery is the combination of faith and reason (science) – we would agree!
Why do you charge for a subscription to the RECLAiM Online Recovery Program?
- There was a substantial cost to putting this program together and there are ongoing costs which include staff to maintain and update content, student coaches, technology maintenance and upgrades, etc. This is necessary to offer a quality resource that will actually help those trying to change their unhealthy sexual behaviors. RECLAiM pays an ongoing license fee to cover these costs in addition to paying our own staffing and material costs needed to support the program.
- Greater incentive to actively work through the program. We know from experience that those with little or no investment in their recovery process tend not to work through and complete the program. Recognizing that there are financial hardship situations, we also actively work to raise scholarship funds, though even in these situations we still try to have the student pay at least part of the subscription cost.
I can’t afford to sign up right now. What can I do on my own to start healing?
Pray and exercise your free will.
Prayer can begin right now! Ask for the intercession of our great role models in purity and chastity like Mary (especially under the title of Our Lady of Good Help), St. Joseph and many other saints, including your patron saints. Frequent the Sacraments, especially Reconciliation (Confession) and the Holy Eucharist. Your greatest sin is a grain of sand compared to God's ocean of mercy! Christ heals.
View the RECLAiM consecration prayer to Our Lady of Good Help.
After prayer and the Sacraments, try to understand what causes you to make the bad decisions you do. Are they triggered by boredom, being tired, stress, anger or at particular times in particular places (late at night, with a tv or computer, etc.)? Then, recognizing when these triggers are about to occur, making the decision to replace your negative behavior with a positive behavior that still address the underlying need that you have.
The good news is, that even if you are trying to overcome unhealthy habits related to sexuality that are particularly strong for you and have developed over a long period of time, practicing discipline in other areas of your life that might not be as challenging will also help with your unhealthy sexual behaviors. The practice of discipline in one area of your life begets discipline in other areas. This is also why fasting is an especially effective practice; it combines a physical habit or discipline with a spiritual desire. To get your body in shape, you have to exercise it properly. To get your "free will" in shape, you also have to exercise it properly.
Always remind yourself: you did not get to this point overnight or by acting out once - you've been practicing this for some time and it has become a habit. Be as patient with yourself as God is.
As Paul reminds us: "I can do all things through Him who strengthens me" Ph 4:13
I would like to pay for another person's subscription, is there a way I can do that?
If you are an organization and you would like to provide a discounted subscription to the Reclaim Online Program for your members, you can offer them gift codes and receive a volume discount at the same time.